Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Stromboli

School days have resumed and I am trying to get the kids back to a decent schedule, so the last thing I want is a fight over dinner... therefore, I am making kid-friendly things (this week) that they can be happy about. Last night was fruit salad and a "Stromboli" which is more like a home-made hot-pocket. When I lived in Pennsylvania, there was an Italian family-owned Pizzeria/Stromboli place... This isn't quite up to par as the real stuff, but it'll do!

Ham and Swiss Stromboli
1 tube refrigerated French Bread (or tube of pizza dough, which I used last night)
6 green onions, sliced (which I didn't use last night but normally would on at least half)
1 1/2 c. shredded Swiss cheese
6 oz. sliced deli ham
8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

Unroll dough onto baking sheet (ungreased).

Place ham over dough; sprinkle evenly the rest of the ingredients.

Roll up jelly roll style and pinch seam.


 Place seam side down on baking sheet. Cut 3 or 4 slits on top of loaf.


Bake at 350 degrees for 26-30 minutes until golden brown. Easy, quick, tasty and kid approved. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment