Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Banana Muffins


What a glorious sight! When my bananas look like these (or even black), my mind immediately goes to my mom's banana muffin recipe. I make them for breakfast or an after-school snack... my whole family loves them!

Ingredients
3 ripe bananas (large)
1 stick of butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease muffin tins. Mash the bananas on a plate with a fork and set aside.



Add butter to mixing bowl and beat in sugar for about 2 minutes or until it looks whipped. 




Add eggs and mix lightly.  Add baking soda, flour and mashed bananas to the mixer and mix until well incorporated. If I only have 2 bananas, I use a little applesauce to fill in for the 3rd.



Fill the muffin tins about 3/4 full, and bake for 20-25 minutes. If you use mini-muffin tins, bake for 13-15 minutes. Let cool a little, then pop them out of the tin and enjoy!! I like them plain, but my mom would eat with a smear of butter, peanut butter or cream cheese. You pick... bananas have lots of friends!


1 comment:

  1. We made these this morning and they were a hit! My kids loved them! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete