Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pumpkin Smoothie

I found the Pioneer Woman's recipe for Pumpkin Smoothie's and couldn't wait to try it. It calls for a 15 oz. can of pumpkin pie filling, but I could only find the 29 oz. cans in my store, so I bought a 15 oz. can of pure pumpkin puree. I tried it today and loved it, though my ingredients and quantities differed some. Here's what I threw together (and my version is healthier!):

15 oz. can pure pumpkin puree
3 cups 2% milk
1/2-1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup sugar (or less, to taste)

AT LEAST A FEW HOURS BEFORE, put the pumpkin puree in a small freezer-safe dish and place in the freezer. This gives it the icy texture needed for smoothies.

Pull out the pumpkin and scoop it into the blender. I actually only used about 2/3 of the can and it was plenty pumpkiny for me. It wasn't all that "icy" so if you like thickness in a drink, you could add some ice. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend. Simple, quick and delicious! No pictures because my friends and I drank them up too quickly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment